The Benefits of Online Group Therapy
Over the past few years we have seen how beneficial online mental health resources are and these benefits also extend into the group therapy space.
The benefits of online group therapy
Face to face therapy can be enormously helpful and beneficial. Over the past few years, we have also come to know that online groups can be equally effective and can actually reduce the barriers associated with face-to-face groups.
Some of the benefits of online groups can include:
- New skills require practise and online groups can support this in the moment.
- Home is often where the work happens so online groups can support people in doing this.
Some of the benefits of group therapy:
- Allow you to learn from others who have similar struggles and feel less alone
- Give you a voice and help you practice before applying skills to your ‘real life’
- Offer a sounding board and provide different perspectives
- Promote social connection
- Cost less than individual therapy
- Help you grow and provide a commitment and opportunity to target an identified area of your life