Cognitive, educational + neuropsychological assessments
Assessments with Axis Clinic
We have a number of experienced psychologists, clinical psychologists and neuropsychologists who provide assessments for a range of concerns and conditions. We believe in working collaboratively with clients and caregivers to provide comprehensive and accurate reports in a timely fashion. As well as working with individuals we can also work with workplaces, NDIS providers and care teams to provide various psychological and workplace assessments.
For more information about our individual assessments, schedules and associated fees, please contact us so that our reception team can support you further.
We can provide:
- Psychological Assessments
- Neuropsychological Assessments
- NDIS Assessments
- DSP Assessments
- Occupational Therapy Assessments
- Workplace Assessments
- Medical and surgical psychological assessments
Our assessments are tailored to suit the clients presenting concerns and queries. We can also provide psychological assessments required for NDIS funding. The assessment process follows the sequence of an intake session with the individual or child and parent, two testing sessions with the individual or child (more or less if needed), and a feedback session where the comprehensive report is discussed in detail.
The following are common reasons for referrals that our assessments can be tailored for:
- Diagnosis query of ADHD due to hyperactivity, distractibility or memory recall difficulties
- Impact of executive functioning on learning and functioning in school
- Cognitive functioning, including intellectual impairment or giftedness
- Confirmation of Specific Learning Disorder due to persistent difficulties in academic areas
- Test of Adaptive Functioning for NDIS funding
- DSP | Disability Support Pension assessments
- Social and emotional wellbeing concerns
Dr Jacqueline Boon is a clinical neuropsychologist / health psychologist who has been working in private practise in Queensland for more than 18 years providing specialist neuropsychology, developmental and educational assessments to families; schools; GP’s; paediatricians; neurologists and psychiatrists.
Jacqueline provides educational and diagnostic assessments and management of childhood/adolescent disorders such as:
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- autistic spectrum disorder
- reading/writing (dyslexia) and other learning disorders
- adult neurodegenerative disorders such as dementia and other neurological problems such as multiple sclerosis, stroke, epilepsy, cognitive changes following chemotherapy and/or cranial irradiation.
Neuropsychological Assessments to solicitors, Legal Aid, WorkCover and detention centres
Jacqueline provides comprehensive neuropsychological assessments and medico-legal reports for children and adults following a traumatic brain injury such as a motor vehicle accident, sporting or work injury.
Occupational Therapy Assessments
Kylie Carney is a Mental Health Occupational Therapist with over 20 years’ experience working in mental health in public and private settings and is the manager of Blue Lotus Allied Health
Kylie provides OT assessments including occupational therapy Functional Capacity Assessments for NDIS plan review or access.
Occupational Therapy Assessments
- Occupational therapy Functional Capacity Assessments for either NDIS plan review or access
- Sensory assessment / sensory care plans
We can provide assessments for businesses and organisations to support their employees.
- Work capacity assessments
- Fitness for work assessments
- Alcohol and Other Drugs assessment
- Cognitive assessments
- Pre-employment psychometric screens
- Personality and risk assessment
- Post incident/ injury mental health assessment
- Welfare mental health and risk assessment/ management
Couldn’t find what you were looking for?
If you’re looking for a specific assessment or you’re unsure of the assessment you require please contact us so that we can support you further.