For health care professionals
Axis provides clinical consultation, outreach and support in a variety of settings to provide continuity in care.
We support individuals and specialise in the below treatment areas. If required, individual psychological treatment plans can be developed in collaboration with referring doctors and other allied professionals.
- Eating disorders
- Self-harming behaviour and suicidal risk
- Borderline and other personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Psychotic disorders
- Substance use disorders
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Pain management
- Sexual therapy
- Grief, loss and personal issues
- Home and outreach support for older adults
- Home and community outreach support for gentle and encouraging exposure therapy for anxiety
Axis Clinic offers relationship counselling with experienced male or female therapists.
Relationship counselling can assist couples with:
- Improving constructive communication
- Enhancing connection and intimacy
- Re-negotiating a commitment or make an informed decision about the relationship ending
- Shifting repeated patterns of hurt or conflict
- Understanding and healing from a significant relationship rupture
- Coping with stressors such as parenting, a new baby, mental or physical illness, differing expectations
- Sexual concerns
- Understanding values
- Anger concerns
Children, adolescents and parents
Our team are skilled at engaging children and their parents across all stages of childhood development and can provide assessment and treatment to address the following:
- Grief and loss
- Illness, disability, injury or dealing with hospital
- Family conflict, stress and separation
- Anxiety and mood disorders
- Eating issues
- Body image or self-esteem
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Self-harm or risk issues
- Risk of early psychosis
- Social skills
- Emotion regulation
We also specialise in psychological therapy and play therapy for children.
We believe better mental health starts with stronger communities. That’s why we have a program dedicated to helping children and families in need. Our multi-disciplinary team and collaborative approach means we can identify and provide the best course of care for families as they journey toward independence and brighter futures.
You can find out more about our Children and Families Framework here.
Regional tele-health care
We believe a person’s ability to access care shouldn’t be defined by where they live. We understand the challenges faced by those living in remote and rural communities and our phone and telehealth consultations work to connect regional communities with a collaborative and specialised team.
We know suicide and self-harm rates in rural and remote areas of Australia are significantly higher than the national average and there is often apprehension around help-seeking in a small community for fear of stigma and confidentiality being less assured. Our telehealth service works to bridge the gap and help build stronger communities.
We provide consultation, assessment, treatment and support for mental health, personal concerns and complex care needs. We have links to a Brisbane private hospital to include admission where required.
We have a multi-disciplinary team on hand to assist.
We know people may benefit from the recommendations and care of various health professionals working together.
Our multi-disciplinary team means we can provide specialised support and, where required, a ‘wrap-around’ coordinated and collaborative treatment approach.
This is helpful to prevent people from feeling as though they have to tell their ‘story’ many times. It also serves to gather a tailored, experienced and coordinated treating team to work together with the person for the best possible outcomes and support.
Our clinic includes:
- Psychologists (general, neuro and clinical)
- Social workers
- Independent medical examiners
What you can expect from us
Our reception staff are trained to take your referral and link you with the most appropriate clinician.
We focus on providing prompt care and offer appointments within 24 hours.
Care + understanding
Our clinicians, at their discretion, can offer bulk billing for those experiencing financial hardship.
View our Referral Guide
This guide has been created to assist our referrers by providing information on our clinicians, their specialisation & the presentations they work with.
I’d like to talk to someone about working alongside Axis.
We understand the importance of getting to know us – who we are and what ‘compassionate, collaborative + comprehensive care’ looks like.